Saturday, January 28, 2006

Metal Tornado Ship

This morning I had a dream that I was in Ulan Bator (?!) and I was with my parents and some friends of theirs at a snowy beach looking out onto a frozen harbor. I know Ulan Bator is nowhere near the ocean, but oh well. So we were looking out and I saw 4 tornadoes in a line, coming straight for the shore. So we all get into this metal ship that looks like something out of a bad science fiction movie. It's all bumpy like a turtle shell all the way around and as soon as we move all our stuff in and close the door, the storm hits and we start spinning and hurtling across the snow to god knows where. The whole time, I'm just freaking out that we might have left some clothes and valuables behind. The ship stops moving and when we step out, we are in the middle of a gleaming modern city with glassy skyscrapers and green hills everywhere. It's totally abandoned and creepy. The end.

So we went to see A Cupboard Full of Hate last night. There was this one moment where a glamorous looking silent film star comes out in this wooden showcase surrounded by glittering flowers and butterflies, and it was so beautiful. *Happily thinking about shiny, glittery things* Anyway, the thing I really appreciated about the acting was that every moment, emotion, event was fully pushed to its limits. You rarely see that in theatre, but here everything took its time to go where it was supposed to go.

Tomorrow we are going to see Feist at the Fine Line. We have culture coming out of our ears.

Tonight Jonner and I played a little game with our cat Rimsky. Jonner would put a bottle cap on the counter and Rimsky would pull it off. Jonner put it back and Rimsky would swipe it off again. We kept score of how many times he used his right paw as opposed to his left paw. It was 7 to 13. He must be left pawed.

OK, time to stop blabbing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have piqued my interest in Rimsky. Please keep me informed of any further revelations.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

You would love Rimsky. I can't imagine anybody that would not immediately fall madly in love with him.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home