Thursday, January 07, 2010

Negotiation

Ruby has been negotiating with me a lot lately. Which is fantastic except that she's 2 years old, and wants to negotiate everything. Half of her "deal making" is reasonable. The other half is either completely ridiculous or undoable.

She'll get dressed but only after reading 2 books, and dancing to a specific song.
She'll listen to me and be good, but not upstairs, just downstairs.
She'll take another bite, but only after balancing the food on top of her glass.
She'll go pee, but first she has to grab her blanket, a book, a figurine, and her necklaces.
She'll go to school and be good, but she's going to whine and scream first.
She won't put the toy to her mouth, but she'll just touch it to her chin.

These "negotiations" are obviously delaying tactics, testing, and bossiness all rolled into one. And speaking of bossiness. Wow. "I'm not a princess, I'm a princUSS. And actually I'm not a princuss, I'm just a fairy. Now you say, 'You're my little fairy.'" I fear for her little brother.

My fantasy these days is that I'll ask her to do something, and she'll just say, "yes, mom" and do it. From what I hear, that's not going to happen for a long time.

1 Comments:

Blogger mightycleanducts said...

Anyway I’ll be subscribing on your augment and even I success you get entry to constantly quickly.

- Furnace Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home