Sunday, January 29, 2006

Guitars out of hibernation

Yeehaw, our four guitars are out of a multi-year hibernatory period. Jonathon restrung some of them and we got a new amp for the electric guitar. I hope he keeps playing. I suppose I should start playing again too, but I have enough on my plate with learning the piano. My hands are getting a workout these days. (Which probably means my brain is atrophying, but I guess I have this blog to keep me sharp)

Rimsky and I have discovered a call and response pattern. It works pretty consistently. I say "Reeemsky" and he does a little whiny meow and then I say "Reeemsky" and then he mews. We just repeat this about 20 times and by the end he's jumped on my lap and purring or doing a little kneading on my knees. And don't you know it boys and girls, he's a champion kneader. He's so cute, he makes my toes curl. (Now I love Coco just as much, but he just isn't as cuddly. He's pretty cute too though, with his big furry pants and all.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like that Coco wears pants. It makes me smile.
I must see these cats soon! Can you talk to them before I meet them and make me out to be all cool and stuff so that when I meet them, they'll say like "what's up?" and then I'll say "not much. you're just a little cutie pie, aren't you?" and then they'll say "you're not so bad yourself."
yeah.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Coco totally wears pants. They are soft and gray and very billowy at the thighs. Both he and his brother tell me that that they would very much like to make your aquaintance. Rimsky is narrowing his eyes at me in satisfaction.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I have to ask--real pants, or fur that looks like pants? Please say real pants.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

To me, they are real pants. If it was up to me, I would put some fabric pants on top of the ones he already has, but I think Coco would put the kabosh on that. He's probably warm enough as it is.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home