Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cloth pads

With the baby so close to being born, my thoughts naturally turned to the unsavory prospect of wearing horrible disposable pads, along with the ice filled diapers. The ice filled diapers aren't a big deal-- they actually feel good, and you only wear them for the first few days. The pads, however, are a curse that lasts much longer.

I discovered the diva cup a couple years ago and it's changed my life. However, it is no good to me in my post-partum situation.

Enter: cloth pads! I bought one (ONE!) at the coop for something ridiculous like $10 or $15. So my doula mercifully sent me a bunch of links to different patterns and ideas. After looking at those, I went to the fabric store and spent $13 on cotton batting, cotton flannel, some nylon, and some snaps. I've made 3 large post-partum pads with 8 inserts, and 4 regular liners with something like 10 inserts. They're adorable, soft, eco-friendly, and cost a fraction of what you would pay for pads from "Party in your Pants".

Ruby loves the colorful inserts so much, she's been calling them her "lollipops" or her "snacks". Which I find mildly disturbing.




4 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

WOW!!!! Those look amazing! I don't know if I could even use them because they're so pretty. Judy is Uber Impressed.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

They are really, really beautiful, i like them!
vintage wedding dresses

1:36 AM  
Blogger Alternative Medicine said...

These r cute!!

10:13 AM  
Blogger mightycleanducts said...

doing a great job, keep up the work going.

- Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning | Furnace Cleaning

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home