Thursday, October 25, 2007

Haha

I came out of the bathroom and found Ruby french kissing the table leg, smacking loudly. Better that than my shoes.

So for record keeping sake, I made a list of all the things I've knitted in the past year (I started in earnest about this time last year), and I think knitting definitely qualifies as one of my recent obsessions. I've made:

6 baby sweaters
3 baby hats
1 pair of booties
1 pair of baby shoes
2 pairs of leg warmers
5 pairs of hand warmers (1 men's)
8 knit dolls (10-12 in high)
1 men's sweater
1 women's sweater (an abject failure)
4 pairs of women's socks
2 pairs of knee high women's socks
1 pair men's socks
1 adult hat
1 cowl
1 sweater for a stuffed animal named Max

As I've mentioned, there was only one failed project, and that was a sweater for me. Stupid pattern. It was way too big, and I've never seen anything so misshapen. Oh well. One strike in a year's worth of knitting isn't too bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Failure projects are so frustrating. After spending all that time on something you're really excited about, you put it on and it looks terrible--or at least bad enough that you'll never wear it. I've recently decided that I'm taking apart any project that I know I'll never wear because it's just a waste of yarn to have it sitting around not being used. It is hard to pull it apart, though, after spending so much time on it. I'll have to go through your old posts and look at some of your projects.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Yeah, and I actually hate pulling it out. It takes forever! Then you have to wind it all up again and think of what else you could make with it. Grrr.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home