Thursday, October 11, 2007

Still in Shock

So yesterday I borrowed a book about being diaper free. It seemed to make sense, but it also seemed like a ton of work. So at the book's suggestion, I thought I'd take it slow and just try to hold Ruby over a little potty when she first woke up in the morning and just see what happened. I was really quite skeptical.

Well, I switched the light on and held her over the baby potty next to our bed, (just for fun, you know) and she started to cry. So I pulled her up a little and I hear two plop plops. Wha!!?? She had pooped and peed in the potty. Well, I put diapers on her and decided not to try again until tomorrow (and I was probably just really lucky this morning anyway...) so I put her down for a nap. While she was napping I decided it couldn't hurt to hold her over a potty after she got up again, so I did, and she pooped yet again. I just can't believe it.

(Later: She did it a third time after her 2nd nap! Peed and pooed. Amazing.)

On more child related things-- she just won't sit down. She won't bend her waist. She always wants to be standing or walking. She can crawl, but she wants me to hold her hands while she walks to whatever she wants. So bending (literally) to her every whim, I am her little chauffeur. Oochie my back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Is the potty-ing still working?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Yeah! I miss every once in a while, but so far, she pees or poops almost every time I put her on the pot.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

That's amazing! I'd been thinking about it because it's so impressive. I'm curious--do you have any guesses on why it works for her?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Probably because I put her on after meals and sleep--the most likely times that people and babies eliminate, and other than that, it must be instinct or something. I understand why it might work if you do it from birth, but why it would work after 7 months of eliminating in a diaper-- well, that's beyond me.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home