Thursday, February 02, 2006

Glorious Wounds

I am always quite excited by each new wound I receive while working at the bakery. They are usually pretty pathetic little cuts or bruises, but someday I'll get a whopper of a wound with blood, stitches, and burns all rolled into one.

This one is actually somewhat impressive. A heavy roll of plastic wrap started to fall off a shelf and I instinctively pressed my arm against it to keep it from falling, but it did anyway while the serrated edge happily scraped against my wrist. It bled freely for a while making it look like I had tried to do myself in. It really didn't hurt until I spread that Liquid Skin stuff on it. Then it smarted pretty bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Hi Joanne. Nice gash. Just stopping in to see your blog since you kindly left your ID on mine. I wasn't a blog fan previously and I'm not sure if I'll continue blogging after Peace Corps, but for now it's pretty cool. Wouldn't you agree? Looks like you've been at it for a short time.

I also enjoy your pets, but couldn't we have come up with more unconventional names? Aw screw it they're cute.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I used to have a blog a while ago, but it started to take itself too seriously. Now I just need an excuse to waste time. But for you-- well you're a good writer. You should keep it up.

More unconventional?! Let's hear your suggestions. I named Rimsky after a character in "The Master and Margarita" by Bulgakov. And Coco, well, you know. Coco Chanel...

8:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have memories of pictures posted of a gash in Jonner's hand or arm or something... years ago. or am I experiencing deja vu?
I, too, sort of feel proud of my blue collar roughed-up hands. I have (I kid you not) at least a dozen seperate small cuts on my hands. Nothing like your big one. Congratulations on that, by they way.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Yeah Jonner gashed his hand on a broken glass while doing dishes. Wow, I can't believe you remember that picture. I don't.

Hey, make sure you let us all know when you get a good one.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home