Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Nasty people

As I was riding my bike to rehearsal today, some kid yelled out of a bus, "Hey, that's a ugly ass bike!"and I said "Thank you" for lack of a better response. There was a red light and we both came to a stop. He looked out the window and repeated his observation. I myself observed that he was on an awfully short bus, but I didn't say that to him. Maybe I should have, but I was taught better manners.

Last night our car was broken into. They busted in a small window and broke our CD player (the imbeciles forgot to bring a screwdriver along, so they didn't get to take it), and they made off with our ratchet set. I hope it opens upside down and the ratchets fall out and smash their toes. My coworker Benny said she just leaves her windows open and her doors unlocked. That way they can rifle through her car without breaking anything.

The worst thing about petty criminals is that they simply make you lose faith in the decency of people, you know? It's just so annoying because it's so pointless. So they got a ratchet set. Big fucking deal.

3 Comments:

Blogger jason vande brake said...

Sorry that happened, Joanne. A few years ago my rental car got busted into in Vancouver when I was doing the admissions counselor thing. They got a case full of Dordt College brochures. I'd like to think that there are some junkies in B.C. considering Christian higher education as we speak.

By the way, I cannot remember two concluding sentences that have given me more joy than those you used to end this post. Very funny, although I'm sure they were written from a place of true anger and frustration.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

You stroke my ego, you do! Stop it.

I wasn't really that mad-- I guess it just could have been a lot worse.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Well, here's an update. They came and smashed another window on the passenger side last night. The doors are all still locked and nothing's taken, so it was pretty obviously out of spite. We've called the cops and we're waiting to give them the mag light they left behind the first time. Man I hope they get caught.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home