Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Waiting

So I'm waiting for this baby. Just waiting. Not impatiently, although I am quite ready to stop expanding and start shrinking again. You know, it's just not right that I can't see anything in between my belly button and my knees.

I'm spending my days watching Days of our Lives, Project Runway, and playing Elebits on the Wii. In between, I pee, drink water, eat, pee, drink water, and eat. You know, this is really the life! The non-pregnant me would be going out of her mind with boredom, but the pregnant me is LOVING it.

I've got a week and a half before my due date, and the days are filled with small tasks and errands. We need a dresser, we're working on installing a new furnace, I'm going to get some pictures taken, I have some friends staying over this weekend, there's always dishes, the laundry, and feeding the animals, and doing the bare minimum with keeping up with friends.

I made an Irish Oatmeal Cake with butterscotch frosting yesterday. If anyone wants to come over and chill with me, you can have some.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Oh! Can't wait!

The oatmeal cake w/ butterscotch frosting sounds excellent. Too bad that can't be shared over the internet. Guess we'll have to wait to eat together again UNTIL THERE ARE THREE PEOPLE IN YOUR FAMILY!

7:44 PM  
Blogger misskarenjean said...

Why can't you bake many many oatmeal cakes with butterscotch frosting and send them to your friends across the country? Especially your Angeleno friend...

Love the idea of you sitting around on the couch waiting. Let the pregnant Joanne fully capitalize on every minute of this phase because once that baby comes, New Mother Joanne will no longer have so much free time (at least not for the next 18-25 years).

8:07 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

That's right josh, and remember, we're holding your amp hostage until you and Sarah come visit us. Count on it this summer!

And Karen, someday I'll come visit and you'll have to let me and the baby stay with you and I'll bake you a cake.

6:03 AM  
Blogger trcdkk said...

Is there a baby in the house yet?! I'm sure I'm at the top of your list of "people to call"...

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home