Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Neighbor girl

Last night Jonner and I were standing outside our house with Ruby, just chilling, and this neighbor girl named Ladacia (?) who we have seen several times, came by and chatted with us for probably a good half hour. It was interspersed with a lot of abrupt good byes as she sped away on her little pink scooter, but she'd always come scootin' back. She tells us that she turned 7 yesterday, and proceeded to reveal details of her life bit by bit. It was enormously entertaining. Kids that age need no segue to tell people what's on their mind. She told us about her baby brother who can walk at one month (ha!) and how they're flying to Mississippi tomorrow. She said she was having a sleepover and told us the names of all the girls that were coming. We had an interesting conversation about the day lilies outside our house and how bees coat their butts with pollen. It made me wish Ruby was old enough to talk to me like that. Ruby just stared off into space the whole time. (Don't get me wrong though, I love having Ruby just be a baby. I think I'm going to miss it a whole lot when she's older. Babies are just so wonderful)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home