Friday, June 15, 2007

Ramblings on a hot day

I love thinking about these things. So does Jonner. Many a conversation that we have revolves around product design and a craving for simplicity. It's a good article! Click that link and read it!

Sorry comment posters-- I changed a setting to moderate comments, not realizing that I need to come here to check them and approve them. Too much work. It's fixed now, so comment away.

Ruby is having some sleep regression issues, but they are totally normal. Around this time (3-6 months), babies develop at a terrific rate, and their brains and bodies continue to work overtime during sleep. So little Ruby is now fighting sleep a lot more, and tends to wake herself up thrashing around or making noises in her sleep. Still, I figure it will get much worse when she starts to pop out those little teeth. Right now, she still sleeps almost through the night, and is still able to be comforted. The payoff for worse sleep? Well, she's getting aware enough to give me smiles that are more special than the smiles she gives the wall, she reaches for anything that I bring in front of her face, she actually giggles when I tickle her, and she coos at herself in the mirror. All of that might not seem like much, but it's infinitely more entertaining than when she was more of an inert blob that just poos and pees. So I'll settle for a little less sleep in exchange for a healthy growing baby.

So I found out yesterday that I just dipped under my pre-pregnancy weight, so I'm treating myself to a seven layer bar. Seriously, breast feeding and carrying around a 15 lb baby all the time is great for maintaining a healthy weight. I've been eating like a pig too, and not all of it is good. Just ask Jonner. He's been marveling at the amount of ice cream I've managed to shovel into my body in the last month. Not proud. At least we have a CSA box that we're motivated to polish off every two weeks.

For those who haven't checked in a while, there may be some more photos up on the flickr site.

3 Comments:

Blogger RA said...

Hey Joanne - I've enjoyed reading about your life with Ruby. She is adorable! I feel like I'm getting glimpses of what lies ahead. For example, I'm glad to know that the weight can come off even eating ice cream. I've been downing quite a bit myself.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Hey angela! congrats on your little girl. if you ever want, we can get together and chat. Or we can ask each other mommy questions.

4:05 PM  
Blogger RA said...

I'd love to! We should have coffee or something.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home