Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snow

I'm sure every blogger from Minnesota will mention this today, but the snow coming down right now is ridiculous. It's coming down so fast that I can barely see the house across the street, and even though it started an hour ago, I've gone out and shoveled at least 3 inches of it. And by the time I was done, there was enough by the door to shovel again.

It's beautiful and horrifying at the same time. Yesterday was 40 degrees, so of course, under all that fluffy stuff is slick, invisible, and totally smooth black ice. I'm seeing cars slide by on the road silently, and I can't look to see how they're going to stop. I've sprinkled my steps liberally with salt, but I still worry for my mailman.

1 hour down, 11 more to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home