Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Well then

I had two great days in Austin. I saw King of France, Ghostland Observatory, Spoon, Echo and the Bunnymen, Metric, and Mark Mallman. Amazing. It was warm and beautiful, and I ate good food and drank beer.

Then bam, the next morning I had a 100 degree fever (the next day 103) and there went the last half of the festival. After watching endless hours of HBO and sipping water for two days, I woke up with the back of my eyeballs no longer on fire and my mind back. But by then, the festival was done, we were all tired, and there was nothing to do but pack up and leave.

I am happy to be back home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Since you were sick half of the time, I assume that Jonner saw twice as many shows? Wow. Music overload.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Actually, Jonner missed some shows to watch HBO with me. He saw a few more, but he said it wasn't fun without me. :)

We only scratched the surface. There were so many bands and most of the good shows wouldn't even let us in because we didn't have badges or wristbands. That, or they were totally overpriced, like Morrissey, which cost $50.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home