Thursday, June 22, 2006

Catnip

The catnip was moved to a pot next to the house after being demolished by the neighborhood alley cats. Over the last month, the skeletal remains have filled out and it is now green, lush, and bushy. Every once in a while, we can see that it has been attacked in the night because there are ripped leaves and a bunch of cat hair stuck to it. But it's recovered now and since it's right by the back door, I always pick a couple leaves for the kitties when I come inside. So now our kitties are getting their drug fix every day. Whenever I come in the back door, they come and whine shrilly. And Rimsky starts to scratch the floor in anticipation.

What makes catnip so attractive to cats? Excuse me while I head to wikipedia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I told you this once. Why don't you listen to me?
*sob*
It smells like cat pheremones. They get all sexed up. Even neutered cats.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Oh don't cry honey. I just forgot. You've seen them with the dry stuff. You should see them with the fresh stuff. Whoo.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home