Thursday, July 13, 2006

Summer lull

Well, everybody has left cyberspace for the summer, it seems, so I guess I'll mostly be talking to myself. Which is fine by me.

For whoever may be reading, I am 8 weeks pregnant and going through some wild hormonal changes. I thought I could maybe get away with not having morning sickness, but it's here and I can't seem to break away from the toilet for very long periods at a time. (Both to pee and vomit) Hopefully all this will subside soon. (Oh please god.)

My stomach seems to be sticking out further, but I can't tell if it's the bloating and water retention, or the baby. Supposedly, my baby now has a heartbeat (how nuts is that?) and has little nubby webbed fingers and toes. I know pregnancy happens to a gazillion women, but I can't help feeling like I'm the only one experiencing all this craziness. I go around telling everybody all my symptoms, and I'm only now realizing that nobody really cares but me. Oh well.

It's crazy hot here and I can't wait for a little cool weather and rain. All my plants are parched and unhappy. I'm glad my weeds are unhappy, but not glad that my veggies are unhappy.

Well I think I might go hurl some more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happiness! I can't wait for the Golden Child to arrive. He/she will undoubtedly bear some sort of halo upon its entrance into this world.

Please post pictures of yourself in various stages of pregnacy. I'd love to see you with a Buddha tummy.

6:14 AM  
Blogger misskarenjean said...

I'm here and I care about your symptoms! And you should tell everyone you meet about your good news! In just a few months, the morning sickness will go away (at least so says my sister, who swears that the second trimester is the best) and then everywhere you go, complete strangers will be touching your belly and offering you advice and congratulations. Keep all your cyber-readers posted!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Hey J- (and by association, the other "J")
Most excellent and enthusiastic (as much as I ever am) congratulations. I wish the safest, least uncomfortable year on you (both). I tell you now that it is the most wonderful thing when the baby sleeps all night, and smiles at you in the morning.
RSEC

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home