Friday, December 15, 2006

Name Challenge

I'm not in a hurry to name the baby, but I have looked through a book of like 10,000 names, and I've been coming up with alternatives for the past couple days. But alas, my dear husband is an extremely picky man! He has only liked ONE name so far. ONE!!! I'm just looking for two or three good ones to choose from, but it really looks impossible. The rules are these: it can't be super trendy (like Madison), it can't have a silly non-traditional spelling (eg. Karynne), it's gotta be easy for my parents to say (so not Theophilus), and it can't be super ethnic (like Nthabiseng or Vladimir).

3 Comments:

Blogger trcdkk said...

I personally love my middle name (I'm so vain) and would love to name a child with it, but it doesn't go well at all with my new last name. For that matter, my first name doesn't go that well with my new last name. Tricia Elise Cisneros. There's no flow in that like there was Tricia Elise De Kok. Not that any of this applies to you. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

7:09 AM  
Blogger misskarenjean said...

Thank god you are avoiding Karynne or Kaarinne or any other strange spelling of my name (or anyone else's, for that matter). Although I used to wish that my name was spelled Karin in the tradition of my Swedish ancestors.

But on to your little critter. I've always liked the name Iliana. Or Juliana, if you want to stick with the hard J-soft J theme you and Jonner have going...

4:35 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I do like Iliana, Juliana, and Elise. Now I just have to clear it with Jonner. I think he's going to nix all three.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home