Friday, September 14, 2007

Oy

So the last couple days, Ruby has been throwing what looks eerily close to tantrums. I don't know what happened, but she's awfully close to crawling and is always wanting to do things she can't. I know, the story of a baby's life. But it's driving her (and me) nuts! The back arching, the screaming, the hitting of the back of her head, more screaming...

Yesterday was particularly rough. She was rocking on all fours and her heavy little anchor head fell and hit the floor. She cut her lip on her sharp little top teeth and there was blood everywhere. She was fine after a little crying, but I was not. I was staring in shock at her sleeve turning all red, her mouth and fingers all covered in blood... why so much blood??? I was still freaking out while Ruby had moved on to happily chewing her new flap of skin.

Groan. She's up after sleeping a measly half hour.

It really helps that she's so cute, and she's mine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ezra had a similar incident this week in a store. I was shopping with my mom and Ezra was holding on to my back pocket. I accidently swung him around too much and he landed with a thud, hitting his head on the ground. When I picked him up amidst his wailing, he had blood gushing (or what seemed like gushing to a concerned mother) from his upper lip. I think the mouth must bleed a lot more than other areas that get cut because it seemed like he bled a lot. And then he got over it and was fine the rest of the day aside from his fat lip, but he kept touching his tongue to the spot that got cut. I felt pretty guilty.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I know. There's something about blood on teeth that looks particularly gruesome and scary.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home