Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sleep sleep sleep

So I have the sniffles again. I've been pretty healthy since I had Ruby, but when the sleep deprivation builds up, a cold seems to be inevitable. And considering that I haven't had an unbroken night's sleep in 6 months, I guess a couple mild colds are nothing. Of course, what really sucks is that it's almost impossible not to pass it on to Ruby. Oh well.

Camping was great except the mosquitoes. They were nuclear grade and out to kill. We couldn't stop talking about them and in a day the scales tipped from really annoying to unbearable. My fellow campers even had 100% Deet on them, and it didn't help. Fortunately, they seemed to be unable to get through Ruby's thick layer of fat and so she didn't get bit as much as the adults. We stayed both nights, but pretty much fled the campsite on Monday morning. We all had visions of swarms of mosquitoes following our cars out of the park.

We went on to Milwaukee and Chicago, and we visited the Aquarium. It was a great trip and Ruby couldn't have been better, but I never got enough sleep. To catch up, I slept for 12 hours last night (thanks to jonner), and I could easily do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home