Friday, February 17, 2006

Courtesy Flush

So someone told me they always courtesy flush at public restrooms. I guess it means that as soon as your poop hits the water, you flush so that it doesn't keep smelling. Well, there are several reasons I don't believe in doing it. First of all, I have never experienced others courtesy flushing for me. Second, I like to think that it stops smelling after it goes under water. Third, it's a bathroom--a place specially designed for this kind of activity and I refuse to feel embarrassed about stinking it up. It's supposed to stink. If you don't like it, breathe through your mouth. Fourth, why flush twice and waste all that water?

Now, not flushing at all is a completely different issue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm curious as to why you are in a poo mood.
I appluad your frankness in regard to this bodily function. And just to be clear, I'm not being sarcastic.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I don't know. We all get in poo moods I suppose. Don't you? Someone brought it up at work and we talked about it at great length. We covered squatting toilets to bidets. So I was still thinking about it, I guess. And besides, nothing is funnier than farting and pooping.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home