Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So exciting

So I had an ultrasound this morning, and it exceeded all my expectations. The little dude was waving at us at the beginning and then proceeded to swim around while we watched. The lady pointed out all its organs including its large four-chambered heart, which was squeezing away.

OK, so I know everyone wants to know-- it looks like there's a good chance that it's a girl. We're thrilled. I'd be just as thrilled if it turned out to be a boy, but for now I'm going to call it a "she". A lot of times she was curled up with her feet crossed and so you could see the curve of her spine really well. She looked a lot like a dinosaur. But then when she looked out, her face was basically two big holes and a rectangular hole for a mouth, so she looked like Darth Vader.

Now my only hope is that people don't go out and get me only pink frilly stuff. My favorite colors are green and brown. But I do love sparkles. My kid will wear shiny, sparkly things no matter what gender.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Break out the sequins and let the brainstorming for names commence!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Yeah. Any ideas? By the way dave, I can no longer post comments on your blog. Not that I've had anything brilliant to say lately.

12:41 PM  
Blogger misskarenjean said...

Sparkly children are the best children, in my opinion! As long as they also have a black coffin-clad onesie in their wardrobe.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

EVERYONE should have a CARS R COFFINS onesie in their wardrobe!!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger misskarenjean said...

I'm thinking what a great photo spread that would be - EVERYONE in Cars R Coffins onesies. Nothing is sexier than full grown adults in onesies...

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home