Monday, July 31, 2006

Really mad at health system

So I had really bad morning sickness last week and so I called a midwife connected with my health insurance and she suggested I come in just to make sure that I was still healthy and to suggest some anti-nausea medications. So after my visit, I find that I am ok, but that I have lost just a little weight. Anyway, the thought of spending the next week like the previous one has me shuddering with nausea and so I gratefully accept their prescription for some metoclopramide pills. Seeing as I've been prescribed this for morning sickness, I assume that these pills are safe for pregnant women. Well, I find online that they are in Pregnancy Category B, which means, "Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester."

Great. Anyway, I have lost faith and immediately stopped taking the meds (luckily I've only taken a total of about 7 pills), choosing puking over these dubious drugs. I am fortunately feeling pretty good today despite throwing up a couple times, and I am determined not to trust my midwife anymore about medications. I'll smoke pot before taking anything they recommend.

So all you pregnant people out there-- don't implicitly trust your doctor, nurse, or midwife. They're all full of shit and are getting kickbacks from the pharmeceutical companies. They have no consciences and will rot in hell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Yikes - talk about not having your best interests in mind...

Just think, this time next year you will be cleaning up baby puke instead of your own!

Also - please don't smoke pot when you are with child ;)

Seriously though - I feel for you and I hope your sickness is almost over!!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home