Thursday, November 20, 2008

Best tantrum ever

This morning, I went down to the park building with Ruby for an open playgroup, which she normally enjoys immensely. We know a lot of folks that show up there, and there are kiddie bikes, soft tents, balls, and tunnels. All of which she loves.

But today, she was kind of blah about it all. She kept making a run for it out the door constantly, and she'd whine and ask to nurse, and then roll around on the floor of the gym asking for her blanket. It was weird. But the best part? When we left, she melted down in top form. In fact, it was I think the best tantrum I've seen from her so far. It was 18 degrees outside, we had a stroller, and we were both wearing large awkward puffy coats. All of which are great conditions for an excellent tantrum. Of course, she absolutely refused to sit in the stroller, push it, be carried, or just walk. After 5 minutes of offering options, I was freezing my ass off. Which meant I needed to "tuck" a giant screaming wriggling child under one arm, and push a rickety umbrella stroller with a mind of its own with the other. It worked for about 10 feet, and then I decided to risk looking like a kidnapper, and strapped her in the stroller. Besides being incredibly strong, she's gotten inconveniently tall. She kept sticking her feet behind the front wheels while arching her back (of course, screaming like a stuck pig the entire time), so I had to tip the stroller on it's back wheels and push her like a rabid alligator on a gurney. Boy it was so awesome! I even got to carry this appealing package up two sets of stairs!

The good news? She fell asleep on the couch before I could even take her shoes off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Grouch said...

I couldn't hear her from my house (just in case you were wondering).

I have actually made that exact same walk of horror when Oscar didn't want to return a basketball to the park building. Nothing like having to walk home with a toddler under your arm.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home