Monday, April 16, 2007

Always Awake

So I thought Ruby's sleeping patterns are normal, but apparently, she's the baby that never sleeps. Supposedly, babies sleep 16 to 20 hours a day. Ha. That's ridiculous to me. Ruby never sleeps more than 2 hours at a time, and probably sleeps a total of maybe 10 hours a day. And of course, 10 hours would be great for me if it was in longer chunks, but an hour here, 45 minutes there, a half hour there, is just not cutting it. I can't just drop off every time she does. On top of that, she gets little naps while she nurses-- time I don't get to sleep. It's not fair.

Last night, she was awake for almost 4 hours from about 2 to 6. She nursed, got changed, screamed, cooed, pretended to sleep, but never actually fell asleep. I thought I was hallucinating near the end of it all. And then when she did fall asleep, it was only for an hour. Then she was up all morning again and didn't fall asleep until 11:30. Someday I'll remember this and laugh.

I like to think that this makes Ruby an exciting baby, but I wish she was more boring and slept more. It would make me a more exciting mom.

2 Comments:

Blogger misskarenjean said...

Ruby better look out once you get a full night's sleep. You are sure to be the most exciting mom on the block (and I bet there are a lot of pretty exciting moms on your block, being as you live in a pretty hip part of town!).

Keep the boob updates coming. I love reading them!

2:02 AM  
Blogger misskarenjean said...

And no, I don't have a boob fetish.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home